Thursday, December 1, 2011

Winter Wonderland Ornaments... ONE


Greetings! It has been pretty chilly outside these past few days so the girls and I have been hanging out indoors. The weather outside has really got me in the snowy-wintery-snowflake mood so I have been playing with the new My Little Shoebox WINTER WONDERLAND collection and it has brought so much creative joy to our craft table.
My daughters love to "scrap" with mommy and it is very entertaining watch them play with alpha stickers or punches! I am thankful we share a love of creating!!! One afternoon we decided to make a few ornaments since ours didn't make it in our last two moves which led to an idea... using the COUNTING DOWN paper, I trimmed each number and decided to create 25 tag-like ornaments. Each one is different, has it's own story, it's own picture... I LOVE THIS PROJECT! So... if you all will bare with me for the next 25 days, I would love to show you our 25 ornaments! Since today is December 1st, well here is the first ornament!

ONE: A special welcome to the world story
The photo was a 4x6 and sadly I didn't have a tag that would fit this picture so I was veryGREEN in that I used the cardboard from the leftover KIX cereal box! I trimmed it up to fit a 4x4 and stamped the backside with my go-to Stampabilities sheet music stamp. The ink was Vintage Photo Distress Ink {of course!} and then I used Diamond Stickles to add some sparkle to the COUNTING DOWN #1. For the "journalling" I used the PEPPERMINT STICK mini alphas from My Little Shoebox. The ornament hangs with some old lace I found at an antique market with my dear bay area friends {miss you all!!!}
Our little Avery was an early Christmas present and I was so very thankful that I had the stockings done early!!! This is my favorite photo of Avery that Christmas - I mean really, how many times can you say you actually FIT in your stocking???
To create the snowy border, I smudged some Glossy Accents along the sides and then sprinkled Martha Stewarts Crystal Fine Glitter. To make the poinsettia, I used the large EK Success flower punch and just trimmed the curved edges of two flowers to come to a point. The leaves are made from the square flag diecut cut in half, distressed and then layered. The pearls in the center are from an old dress up gown the girls wore plain out!
Here's to hoping you are nice and toasty as you create!!!
Creative Cheers!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great start to your 25 days! Precious photo - love the glitter you added!

    ReplyDelete