Thursday, December 15, 2011

Winter Wonderland Ornaments... 14 & 15

Dear Blog Readers,

Please forgive me for missing yesterday's post... honestly I have no excuse, just too plain busy! I have to say I was sorta proud of myself for making it this long {don't worry, I still have PLENTY more ornaments to show you because yes, our tree was virtually bare before this handy dandy little project!} without missing! Yes, the blog experienced "technical difficulties" last week however yesterday I just dropped the ball! I promise the ornaments are done, I have yet to photograph them. I thought about turning the Christmas lights on and trying to fake good lighting just to show you however the chances of waking up the munchkins is too great - it is almost like they can sense when the Christmas lights are on, it is that time of year!!! So... today will feature 14 & 15!!!

A little bit about 14...The picture for this ornament cracks me up! It was taken at the tree farm where we went to pick out our famous Charlie Brown Christmas tree {Tony still isn't over those looks he received from strangers for picking out the scrawny tree - it had character!!!} Anyways, Avery got a real "taste" of our little adventure!



The picture side of the ornament has a Martha Stewart Glitter border courtesy of Glossy Accents. The journalling side of the ornament was stamped with the Unity SNOWFLAKE stamp and then the #14 from the COUNTING DOWN paper was embellished with a little Glossy Accents.

A little bit about 15...Oh sweet Addison, this picture was taken on her first day of Kindergarten in California. A lot has happened since this photo was taken however it makes me smile seeing our first born take those big steps... uniform, special lunch box, memorizing bible verses, etc. It is amazing how quickly she is growing up - it seems like only yesterday she was a little toddler with red sparkler piggie tails!


To embellish the picture side of the ornament I used the Marvy Star Punch on the STARBURST paper and then distressed the stars using Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The #15 from the COUNTING DOWN paper is wrapped around both sides of the ornament and then distressed. I used the SNOWFLAKES Glitter Alphas to spell out "star." For the other side of the ornament I used the journalling stamp from Unity and stamped the whole tag. The STARBURST paper was punched with the 3in scallop punch and then trimmed to fit on the tag. The pretty blue snowflake rolly flower added a nice touch to this side of the ornament.


Thank you for stopping by today!
Hoping to see you all for #16!!!
Creative Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment