Friday, December 2, 2011

Winter Wonderland Ornaments... TWO

Hello all! Forgive me on being slightly tardy on getting the second ornament up today... to think it is only the second day of December and I am already late!!! Don't worry, I decided to ground myself to the basement and create more ornaments to make up for the lost hours... I kid, I kid!

So... onto Winter Wonderland Ornament #2!!! For this ornament I took another favorite photo {non-Christmas but still a favorite!!!} and decided to write down the first thing that came to my mind. These two little angels bring such joy to our family, only children are able to keep you on your toes and warm your heart all at the same time! I used a square scallop punch {it is so well loved that the brand name has worn off!} to make 2 pink squares using "B" side of COUNTING DOWN paper for the side of the ornament. I distressed, centered and layered the #2 on the front side of the COUNTING DOWN paper and then added one of the diecut flowers to the lower left corner. I trimmed the PEPPERMINT STICK mini alphas to serve as the center of the flower. For the tree, I took scraps from the STARBURST paper and cut them into triangles, then distressed and layered them. The button ornaments on the tree are from a random stash of odds and ends and the sheet music in the background is non-other-than my "go to" stamp from Stampabilities.
For the other side of the ornament I used an old eyelet {again, found in the stash} and Martha Stewarts Tourmaline Glitter for the polka dots. The ornament hangs from old lace found at an antique fair with dear friends, whenever I use it I think of them!!!
Thank you for stopping by today and again, look forward to tomorrow's #3 ornament! I promise not to be so very late!!!

Creative Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. what a darling idea, Nicole…how these ornaments will be cherished in your family for years to come! with the discovery of how fun heat n bond can be, we just started making some ornaments yesterday:)

    ReplyDelete