Thursday, April 14, 2011

blooming decorations...


Today was the Spring Teacher Appreciation Luncheon at my daughter's preschool and when I signed up for table decorations/flowers I had planned on just picking something up at the market... until the thought of making it a bit more personal was far more appealing. Taking the good-old-standby "how-to" make a paper rose and add leaves {one felt, the other saying "thank you"} with some Star Dust Stickles made for a nice touch!
I used the My Little Shoebox Garden Party papers with some leftover Creative Cafe polka dot felt, Glue Arts 3D Raise'n's, Vintage Photo Distress Ink and a "thank you" stamp from Inkadinkado... and a plate from my kitchen! LOL!

To make the blossoms bloom so big... I used my round kitchen plate to trace a hug circle onto the Garden Party papers and then cut in a coil-like pattern into the center. I used the assembly line method and made 21 leaves from the felt, cut 21 leaves from the paper, stamped 21 leaves, then traced all 21 circles, then cut all 21 circles, the coiled & wrapped all 21... you get the idea.
Twenty one roses later...
it was like I had my own My Little Shoebox garden!
One thing I loved about using the Garden Party papers was that both the A & B sides really added to the beauty of the roses.
As always, thanks for stopping by!
Creative Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment