Thursday, June 10, 2010

painter's tray...

So a friend of the family invited us up to his vineyard in the Napa valley for the day and of course we jumped at the opportunity. It was such a great day, filled with the fresh Napa breeze, beautiful surroundings and amazing vino! For me it is important to say thank you in a special way, especially when our friends went all out for us. After some thought and reorganizing of the scrap room, I came across the 7 Gypsies painter's tray {actually, I have 3 because when I was at our local scrap store I had a major case of "idea-a-phoria" so I bought all they had left} just sitting on the closet shelf just screaming... CREATE SOMETHING WITH ME in this willowing, creative whisper. So... after the prep, cutting & repositioning... 3 hours later here was the end result.
I used Popsicle Glimmer Mist on Paris Nights paper by g.c.d Studios for the grapes, topped off with a little ribbon, set on more Paris Nights paper.
For the heart which I found at a chain craft store, I used a wooden stamp & Tim Holtz's Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I HEART Tim's Distress ink... let's be honest, I HEART Tim's creativity!
For the flower... 2 plain craft flowers sprayed with Peppermint Stick Glimmer Mist and a nice vintage metal mini door knocker as the center. The ends were then distress with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
I must say this might be my new "go-to" present!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment